Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dog v/s Donkey

In a seminar which I attended a few days back, which was half educational and half inspirational in nature, the speaker drew an interesting analogy between man and animal.

There are two type of people: There are the dogs, and there are the donkeys.

If you notice dogs, a semi- intelligent creature, when stuck in the middle of a highway with vehicles swooshing by, all confused, they have a tendency to run back and forth. Eventually, baaam, they are hit. Donkeys on the other hand, dumb creatures when sitting in the middle of the same road, wouldn’t budge from their position, come whatever may. A speeding driver knows from a distance that I need to go round it. Result the donkey lives.

Moral of the story, it much better being a donkey than dog. Though the latter is more intelligent than the former, it is the donkey which survives. Make a decision and be a donkey. Stick by your decision.

Now my situation resembles to that of a dog.

Whenever I manage to get my ass down to study….Should I study for CAT, should I be working on the minor project, sessionals and semesters both are approaching, should I study for them…. After contemplating for a few minutes, or sometimes for up to an hour, I bid adios to the books.

I want to be a donkey. I just can’t decide where I want to sit.

0 comments: