Thursday, October 1, 2009

uneventful life : regaining fitness

It’s been over week since I’ve written. Though I sit down to write almost every day. But whatever I end up writing about, is either too boring to read (even for me!!) or it just repeats what I’ve already written about in the previous posts. That got me thinking “why can’t I talk about something I haven’t written about”. The answer wasn’t very tough to find.

I haven’t been doing much.

So how do I fix it? I’m still working at that. But yes I have made an interesting decision. I want to run for the Delhi half marathon. The last time I took part in it, some two years back, it turned out to be a terrible experience. It took me the entire day to walk the entire stretch, yes walking, taking breaks every five minutes!! I took an oath that day to return to the marathon next year, fighting fit. But I gave last year’s marathon a skip and I’m no fitter today, than I was on that day.

Yesterday came my first attempt in regaining fitness. I took a jog from my place to the college and back, a good eight kilometers. When you are in a car, places seem to be much closer than they really are. Though I did manage to do the entire stretch jogging and walking, I came back home, huffing and puffing with five blisters under my feet. Though it’s been a whole good day my calf muscles still ache as I write this post, I still plan to do five kilometers today (walking only).

Hopefully no more blisters today!

0 comments: