Friday, October 23, 2009

Estranged cousin’s wedding: Episode One:The Background

Things have never been rosy between my mom and the the younger of my two buas. But the thing hit rock bottom when I was in Kenya along with my dad. It reached a stage where my mom and bua couldn’t be in the same room without heated exchange of words. The best you could expect was a namste ji with a forced smile on both their faces followed by an awkward silence.

The wedding was to take place in Pathankot, and all events including ladies sangeet and saint were to take place in Indora. The sort of place which doesn’t come up on any search results on the web and google earth says that it doesn’t exist.

It was a must for me to go for the wedding as father is not here and the mama has a very significant role to play in the nieces wedding, and if the mama is not present to perform the rites, it’s the responsibility of the son to perform them in his place.


0 comments: